Bridgnorth Rd to The Dean, Broseley
Site 372 B4373 from end of Bridgnorth Rd to The Dean, Broseley is programmed to be prepped and surface dressed between 12th April and 6th May 2021.
The work is currently programmed to take place as follows: -
12th – 14th April - Road Closed from 09:30am to 16:00pm for Surface Dressing Prep Works.
19th – 22nd April - Road Closed from 09:30am to 16:00pm for Surface Dressing.
The road will have an initial sweep within 24 hours of the new surface being laid. The sweeper returns after about 7 days to remove any residual loose chippings.
30th April – 6th May – Road Closed from 09:30am to 16:00pm for white line replacement.
Signs will be erected in the street/road prior to commencement of the works and the work will be completed as quickly as possible. A fully signed diversion route will be in place whilst work is carried out.
Inevitably there will be some disruption during these works, for which we apologise in advance. Provisions will be in place to maintain access for the residents and businesses within the closure.
For the Residents and Business Owners who are in the vicinity of the works, further notification will be provided through letter drops prior to the start date.
· Hot bitumen emulsion is sprayed onto the road surface using a calibrated tanker.
· Chippings are applied onto the bitumen emulsion from a metered spreader.
· The new surface is rolled, please note after rolling there will be loose chippings.
· The surface is subsequently swept within 24hrs, after 48 hrs and again after 7 days to remove any surplus chippings.
· Sweeping continues if necessary, until the surface is secure.
Why use Surface Dressing?
· To improve the skid resistance of the road surface.
· To seal the road against ingress of water, preventing potholes forming in winter.
· To extend the life of an existing surface and arrest deterioration of the surface.
· Surface dressing is a preventative method of maintenance. The process does not reshape or increase the strength of the road.
Advice to motorists
· Drive carefully over the new surface to prevent damage to vehicles: -
o DRIVE AT LESS THAN 20MPH
o KEEP YOUR DISTANCE
o DO NOT OVERTAKE
A proprietary tar remover may remove accidental soiling on vehicles.